Tonight I felt like eating soup but not just plain boring butternut soup, I wanted something that had more flavour… I came across this awesome recipe on the Food Lovers Market website and decided to give it a bash for dinner! All the steps are there along with pictures showing the process! So delicious and such a win! You absolutely need to try this!
THAI BUTTERNUT CURRY SOUP WITH COCONUT CREAM
Butternut soup is an all time favourite with most families, so surprise them with some Thai-style fresh flavour, when cooking up your next batch. Here we have picked up the heat a bit and given it some South Eastern flavour, with red curry paste and coconut cream. Fresh coriander and hints of lime, add a bit of zing to this aromatic, creamy soup. Serve with a warm, crusty ciabatta, to mop up all this delicious goodness.
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- 2 medium butternuts, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 med onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tin coconut cream
- Freshly ground salt
- Roughly chopped fresh coriander for serving
- Set aside some coconut cream for serving
- Heat the oil to a medium heat in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Add the chopped onion, butternut, potatoes, garlic, chilli and Thai red curry paste.
- Stir for 4-5 minutes to allow all the ingredients to combine and the onion to soften.
- Add the veg stock, lime juice, cumin and coriander.
- Season with freshly ground salt and stir.
- Place the lid of the pot on it and leave to cook, on a medium heat, for a further 20-30 minutes, stirring intermittently.
- Pour in the coconut cream and cook for another 10 minutes more.
- Once the butternut and potatoes are soft and the liquid has reduced a bit, remove the pot from the stove.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then using an immersion blender, blend all the ingredients together, until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Taste for seasoning and if it needs, add a little more freshly ground salt.
- Serve in bowls, with a drizzle of coconut cream and a sprinkle of fresh coriander, over the top.
This recipe came from the Food Lovers Market Website. The article and amazing food in this article was sponsored by Food Lovers Market Fourways Mall.
For the latest news and information, please download the I Love Fourways App.