PERI PERI BEER & BACON CASHEW NUTS
Create your own crispy coated nuts with everyone’s favourite – bacon bits. Peri Peri cashews are perfect as they come, but divine when you fry them up in this recipe combination. Just make sure you make enough, because everyone will want some more!
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Yields: 6-8
250g Food Lovers Market streaky bacon
250ml (1cup) of your favourite lager
250ml (1cup) brown sugar
30ml (2Tbsp) salted butter
600g Food Lovers Market peri peri cashew nuts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Meanwhile heat a frying pan over medium heat and fry the bacon until crispy. Drain on kitchen towel and once cooled finely chop.
- In a large saucepan, over a medium-high heat, combine the beer and sugar, stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook for about 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and crispy bacon bits. Toss the nuts into the saucepan and stir until well coated.
- Line a baking tray with with grease proof paper and evenly spread the nut mixture on the prepared tray. Bake for 5 minutes. Give the nuts a stir and bake for a further 5 minutes taking care not to burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow the nuts to cool, break apart and enjoy with an ice cold beer.
Serve alongside some biltong and corn nibs.
Get these weekly offers from Food Lover’s Market
*Offers valid till 25 November 2018