Good afternoon community,
Please see this important notice from a local doctor regarding Coronavirus.
Doctors and other personnel are under obligation to only test patients that fit the criteria for COVID-19. According to the NICD, the referral for testing is to be done by a doctor. Please call your local GP or NICD hotline for questions in order to establish whether or not they will refer you for further testing.
Please understand that everyone is trying their best to be accommodating and to follow procedure. It is a trying time for all and we need to trust in those that are guiding us.
Please see basic questionnaire to see whether or not you may be required for testing:
- Have you had any one of the following symptoms?
• Sore throat,
• Shortness of breath
- Have you worked in, or attended a health care facility where patients with COVID-19 (Corona virus) infections were being treated?
- Were you in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 (Corona Virus) infection?
If you have answered YES to any of the above, please notify our receptionist IMMEDIATELY!
1.Anybody with respiratory symptoms, and not meeting travel/exposure criteria:
-Face mask to be worn (although supply and availability challenges)
-maintain a spatial distance of at least 2m between others (WHO)
2.Please hand sanitise frequently
3. Cough etiquette:
-cough directly into tissue, elbow, or cloth-discard tissue immediately
-Sanitise hands when complete
4. Avoid touching face, eyes, mouth or with objects, such as pens etc.
5. No “routine” Corona testing. Strict WHO guidelines. This currently applies to NICD and private labs.
6. Patients without symptoms, but having been in an area where local transmission has occurred (See table), and/or potential contact with an asymptomatic traveler or potential suspected case:
-Self-quarantine at home for 14 days
-Limit social contact
-Monitor for symptoms, and temperature twice daily
-Notify your healthcare provider if you then develop any symptoms, and to arrange for consultation
7. If you learn that you are a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, self-isolate and notify NICD (NICD will most likely already be contact tracing you)
Close contact definitions
-Face-to-face contact of less than 2m, within a closed environment
-those living in same household
-those who work in same close contact environment
-health workers who may have provided direct care to a COVID-19 confirmed patient without recommended PPE
-on an aircraft, those seated within 2 seats in any direction, and crew attending in that particular section
NICD PUBLIC HOTLINE
0800 029 999
This information was supplied by Fourways Urgent Care 010 900 2224
Please see additional link to important contact numbers: