Important Notice: Application Denied
We are sad to inform our community that the approval for our protest has been legally denied. JMPD has had serious concerns around safety and the resources they are able to deploy to ensure safety. Future City Fourways and I Love Fourways have made every effort to work within the legal parameters to ensure a safe and peaceful protest however it is with a very heavy heart that we are now forced to shut down the planned protest for Fourways.
We would like to thank the following companies who without question made themselves available on the day to protect their community, Fidelity Security, Thompsons Security and TRSS. Thank you to the amazing companies who stepped up to supply water, printing and banners that were to be made available on the day. We have an unbelievable community who have shown their courage and dedication to our county and we ask you to NOT lose hope.
You, as South African citizens need to know your rights, you still have options.
Everyone has the right, peacefully and unarmed, to assemble, to demonstrate, to picket and to present petitions.
Legally what are your options?
- You can join the official protest marches in Johannesburg or Pretoria.
- You may hang banners and signs wherever you like as long as they do not obstruct traffic, robots and road signs. Your signs may not contain hate speech on the basis of race, sex, language or religion.
- You may protest in your car, hang flags from your windows, play meaningful music and keep driving, as long as you do not obstruct traffic.
- You have the right to hold a sign that expresses your concerns from a destination that you see fit.
- You may down your, tools, close your businesses and walk outside between 10:00-13:00 on Friday and show your concern for our nation.
- You may express yourself though wearing black while doing all the above.
May everyone be safe on this
“Our Nation comes from a history of deep division and strife; let us never, through our deeds or words, take our people back down that road” Nelson Mandela 2 August 2008
This protest is not in favor of any political party, all concerned citizens are encouraged to join forces to make themselves heard.
Fourways and all surrounding suburbs are welcome to attend on Friday as we join our country in unity.
We need to get our protest approved within the legal requirements and therefore need to give an indication of attendance, location, and timing. Please assist us by clicking that you are interested or going to this event by 10am on Tuesday the 4th of April.
We will be pulling resources together to ensure that this is a SAFE, organised and legal protest.
Details to follow (below):