PAWS FOR LOVE – Woodrock Animal Rescue’s Annual Valentine’s Sleepover
Have a heart and join Woodrock Animal Rescue for our Annual Valentine’s Sleepover.
What better way to spend your Valentine’s than loving a rescue?
We are so excited to have 100 of our awesome adventurous supporters spend a night sleeping in our kennel rooms, cuddling with our rescue dogs. The goal is to have an adventure, love and pamper our dogs and to raise funds towards our cause.
We are an NPO and solely rely on the philanthropy of the community and fundraising to be able to change rescue animals lives. Join us for an amazing, fun-filled event.
Woodrock Animal Rescue is located on Plot 51, on the R511 between Fourways and Hartbeespoort, Hennops River Valley.
WHAT IS THE WOODROCK VALENTINE SLEEPOVER?
100 adventurous Woodrock supporters will sleep one night at the shelter in a kennel room with a suited rescue dog that matches your preferences, PLUS
• Sunset cocktails
• Sunset walk with your allocated dog.
• Sunrise walk with your allocated dog.
• Morning coffee/tea and muffins/croissants.
• Professional photographer taking pictures of you and your dog.
HOW DO I TAKE PART IN THE WOODROCK SLEEP OVER AND WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
STEP 1 – R100 UPFRONT REGISTRATION FEE: This is payable upfront to reserve your spot. This is non-refundable. Purchase your tickets via the Woodrock Quicket platform.
Registration will be closed as soon as we have 100 people registered, so please register as soon as possible. Once registered, you will be contacted by Woodrock Animal Rescue event organisers to confirm your spot, preferences and type of rescue dog that would suit you. A kennel spot and a suited rescue dog will be allocated to you and then we will see you on the day!
STEP 2 – COME ALONG AND ENJOY! Arrive from 12 midday Saturday 23rd of February 2019. Sleepover. Leave at 9am Sunday 24th February 2019.
Arrive from 12 midday Saturday 23rd February 2019. Sleepover. Leave 9am Sunday 24th February 2019.
Saturday 23rd February
• 12 midday – 4pm: On arrival Woodrock will show you to your allocated kennel and introduce you to your dog for a greet and meet. Unpack and familiarize yourself with your dog.
• 4pm: All participants assemble for group photo and sunset cocktails.
• 5pm: Sunset walk with your dog.
• 6pm: Return your “kennel buddy dog” to his kennel.
• 6pm – 8pm: Free socializing and mingle time. Time to eat dinner, and get a professional photoshoot with your dog.
• 8 -9pm: Go to your kennel for some bonding quality time with your dog.
• 10pm: Lights out.
Sunday 24th February
• 6am: Wake and open the outside door of your kennel for dogs to go to the loo.
• 6:30am: Sunrise walk with allocated dog. This can be a very emotional time as the time with your “kennel buddy dog” is coming to an end.
• 7:30am : Say goodbye to your dog who will return to the kennel.
• 8am: Coffee/tea and muffins/ croissants will be served while some fun informal awards will be presented.
• 9am: Goodbyes and home time.
WHAT TO PACK FOR THE SLEEPOVER:
• Please bring your own supper OR dinner can be pre-booked through Woodrock Animal Rescue ([email protected]). We will send the menu once you have secured your spot.
• Your bedding (at your discretion e.g. mattress/sleeping bag/blankets/pillows)
• Your pyjama’s plus a track suit (suitable comfy clothes)
• A towel and your personal cosmetics. We do have basic toilet facilities and wash rooms.
• Doggy things to treat your dog. E.g. treats, brush, biltong, blanket etc.
• A comfy chair if you would like to sit in the kennel.
• A book/IPad/Kindle/torch etc. if you want to read in the kennel.
SLEEP OVER DAY VISITORS:
Day visitors/ friends and supporters are welcome to come along and enjoy the event on the Saturday. R40 entrance donation per person.
If you have any questions you are welcome to email [email protected] or Contact Shevaughn on 060 506 1830 or Karin 0826827262. We are so excited for this event.
“DOGS ASK FOR SO LITTLE BUT DESERVE SO MUCH”