CHERRY CHOCOLATE TART WITH A PECAN NUT CRUST
A deliciously rich and decadent chocolate tart, with pecan crust and topped with seasonal fresh cherries. Perfect with vanilla ice-cream.
- Yields: 6-8
FOR THE CRUST
10 tennis biscuits
1 cup pecan nuts
4 Tbsp (60ml) demerara sugar
½ tsp (2.5ml) ground cinnamon
4 Tbsp (60ml) melted butter
FOR THE FILLING
2 cups (500ml) cream
400g 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
300g Cheeky Cherry punnet, pitted and havled + a few kept whole for decoration
Edible flowers (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Chop the tennis biscuits and pecan nuts in a processor until crumbed.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon and melted butter.
- Pulse until blended and moist clumps form.
- Press the mixture onto the base and up the sides of a 22-23 cm loose bottom tin. Bake for 15 minutes until golden and crispy. Leave to cool.
- To make the filling, bring the cream just to the boil. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate. Stir continuously until all the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the filling into the baked crust and leave to set in the fridge to set for 4 hours.
- Just before serving, top the tart with cherries and edible flowers.
Get these weekly offers from Food Lover’s Market
*Offers valid till 23 December 2018