There was recently a post on I Love Fourways about a staff member being mistreated at work which got many mixed opinions from various people. It made me think quite a lot and I felt it was important to put out a few reminders to both employers and employees….
As we are all well aware, COVID has brought on great difficulties for most people around the world. Wether it be a large corporation or a one man business, everyone has felt the burn somewhere along the way.
Assumption is the mother of all stuff ups because we don’t actually know a persons real situation.
I think it is important to remember the following and when you’re having a “moment”… try to gather yourself and think about these things when it comes to your staff or employer.
- We are all human and we all have feelings.
- We all need to work to survive.
- We all have good days and bad days and thats ok. Let it go and move on.
- We need to have respect for one another regardless of our positions.
- We need to appreciate every single person that works with or for us.
- We need to remember that if we are not happy in our job roles, that it is our choice to move on or change things to make it work.
- Jobs are scarce and while you may not be earning a high salary, the person who has employed you may not be in a position to pay you more.
- If you feel your employer abuses your role, then walk away.
- If your staff member isn’t performing to your expectations, tell them and give them an opportunity to improve.
- Communication is key. Without this, nothing works and you will continue to be disappointed.
These are my personal feelings and opinions and I just thought some of it may be useful to share and give some food for thought!